A great resume
- Personal details are important; make sure you mention your name, email address, date of birth, telephone number and city or town. Do you have any online profiles? Make sure to add them!
- Start with a short and powerful, but most of all personal summary of who you are. What makes you unique, what do you believe in and what are your ambitions?
- Always start with your most current experience and give most details about the last 10 years of your career. Mention your main responsibilities and your successes. Always try and be SMART: what have you achieved?
- Start with your most current and completed education and mention which degrees you have obtained. Relevant courses are also important to mention.
- Make use of the option to mention other relevant knowledge, competencies, interests and hobbies. For example the languages you speak, systems and programmes you have expertise in, and charity work. These things make you unique!
- Try and keep the length of your resume to a maximum of 2 A4 pages. Are you going for a more creative way of presenting your experience and skills? Great! But make sure it does not compromise the legibility of your resume.
- Choose a good and clear font style, use the same font throughout your resume and use a font size that is 10pt or up.
- Use bullets when mentioning your main responsibilities and successes. In this way you make it easy to quickly scan the most important content.
- Use active language and keep it relevant, short and powerful.
- Check, check, double check: are there any spelling errors in your resume? Ask someone else to read it for you, it helps!
Ready to send your resume?
Create a clear file name for your resume which makes it clear which position you are applying to. Also mention the date, it shows that your resume is up to date!
Receive feedback on your resume
Do you want to receive feedback on your resume? Feel free to send it to us. Within 5 working days you will receive our feedback along with what you could change to make your resume even better!